The Technology Taskforce aims to ensure that global society and the economy benefit from adopting accessible and usable technology.
The Taskforce will enable UK and global business to:
- Ensure technology maximises talent management, productivity, new product development, customer access and brand reputation.
- Minimise legal, reputation and efficiency risks associated with the lack of IT related disability competence.
- Encourage ICT suppliers to deliver accessible and usable products and services to business partners, using an integrated universal design approach.
- Develop efficient, cost effective corporate standards for barrier free processes and systems.
- Influence regulators' standards to the mutual benefit of business and disabled people worldwide.
- Define best practice that delivers reasonable adjustments for applicants, employees and customers.
- Improve the accessibility and disability competence of those responsible for IT training and ICT related business solutions.